Teeth whitening is gaining immense popularity in recent years. Everyone wants to have a pearly white smile and take all the measures that are required. There are different options available for whitening teeth and laser teeth whitening is gaining immense popularity. Laser teeth whitening is a process in which hydrogen peroxide-based gel is applied to the teeth and exposed to a special laser. This helps in removing the stains and lighten the shade of the teeth.
Benefits of Laser Teeth Whitening
● The process is done by a professional dentist and is a quick process.
● It is an easy and non-invasive procedure.
● It is one of the procedures that can access all the teeth and is quite painless.
● The patient can choose to lighten a few teeth that are stained and not all of them.
● It can remove even the hard stains that are difficult to remove from other whitening procedures.
● It has a long-lasting result.
● A shade indicator is used to determine the shade of the existing teeth.
● The lips are coated with SPF lotion and a cheek retractor is placed.
● A protective coating is placed on the gums in order to protect them from the bleaching gels.
● A hydrogen peroxide-based gel is applied to the front of the teeth.
● A special laser is used to activate the bleaching process.
● The pores of enamel are susceptible to absorb stains and be sensitive to cold food items and hence, it is advisable to avoid certain food for a few days.
● Dark-colored beverages and stain-causing foods should be avoided.
● Smoking should be strictly avoided as it may cause discoloration again.
● A straw can be used for drinking beverages to reduce the chances of staining.
● Regular brushing should be done with whitening toothpaste to protect the teeth and maintain the whiteness.
● It is recommended to visit the dentist for regular checkups at least twice a month.
Cost of Laser Teeth Whitening
The dentist determines the ideal candidate for the procedure after a thorough oral examination. If the stains present are more, then the dentist may advise multiple sittings to achieve the desired results. Laser dentistry is the future for the dental procedures and is an extremely safe procedure.