Teeth whitening is a procedure which is a dental treatment that uses active whitening materials such as hydrogen peroxide to help whiten discolored teeth. This procedure can be done in a dental clinic or at home using over-the-counter products. Teeth whitening in India is considered a cosmetic treatment and is becoming more popular nowadays.
Generally, teeth whitening treatment is considered one of the safest dental procedures when performed by professionals. However, there may be a few risks while performing such a procedure at home without consulting or taking advice from a professional.
Risks of teeth whitening:
- Sensitivity of teeth
- Over-whitening (or turning into blue or gray)
- Irritation or burns to the gums
- Rough teeth
- Allergic reactions like difficulty in breathing or swelling
Thus, we advise you to visit the best periodontist in India to get a customized treatment plan for getting that perfect smile. There are many benefits when the same procedure is performed by a professional. They are:
- Less chance of the side effects
- Quick procedure compared to at-home teeth whitening
- Improves oral health
- Improved self-confidence
- Long-lasting effects compared to other methods
- Can get a customized treatment plan based on your progress
- Cost-effective in a long run
There are more advanced methods of teeth whitening introduced which further minimizes the side effects. They are:
(1) LASER teeth whitening technique is a newly introduced technique of teeth whitening, which uses the activation of whitening material on the surface of the teeth using a controlled laser beam. This technique is preferred by people as it does not cause or minimize the sensitivity of the teeth after the treatment procedure.
(2) Philips Zoom teeth whitening technique is an advanced technology using Zoom advanced lamp which activates the whitening agent, 25 percent hydrogen peroxide. A regular teeth cleaning is done before this treatment procedure and the whole procedure takes less than an hour.
- However, the teeth whitening must be maintained after the treatment by taking some measures such as:
- Maintaining basic oral hygiene through brushing and flossing twice daily.
- Consuming crunchy fruits and vegetables, which are considered good for your teeth health.
- Avoid consuming dark-colored foods and fluids. Use a straw if needed or rinse your teeth immediately after taking your food.
- Routine oral checkups are recommended
Do visit the best dental clinic in India having all the advanced technologies and equipment along with experienced specialists for all your dental needs.