Porcelain Veneers in India are becoming more popular due to their versatility. They are also called dental veneers or dental porcelain laminates. These veneers are thin shells that are customized to the tooth to be covered for aesthetics.
Types of dental veneers:
1. Porcelain Veneers
2. Resin Veneers (made of composite resin)
Porcelain veneers are recommended over resin veneers because of their resistance to stains and the light-reflecting properties of natural teeth.
It is best to visit the best dentist in India to determine the course of your treatment plan according to your condition.
Uses of porcelain veneers:
- Discolored teeth because of external or internal stains.
- Damaged (cracked or chipped) teeth.
- To fill the gaps between the teeth.
- Teeth with irregular shapes or worn-out teeth.
- Malpositioned tooth.
A. For getting dental veneers, three dental visits are required. First, the dentist needs to study your oral cavity and determine whether veneers suit your condition.
B. After that, teeth preparation is done and measurements are taken to customize your crown.
C. Veneer for one tooth or a few can be processed at once, this processing takes about 2 weeks.
D. We advise you to visit the best dental clinic in India to get customized treatment, we also arrange for a temporary veneer till the processing of your customized porcelain veneer is completed.
E. After the dentist receives the porcelain veneer, adjustments are made to the veneer as well as the particular tooth after a repeated trial of the crown.
F. The veneer is placed on the tooth to determine whether the color and size of the veneer match the tooth before fixing it permanently. After trimming, the veneer is placed on the tooth and the bite is checked for any high points. If everything is ready to fix the veneer permanently, then tooth preparation is done.
G. Tooth preparation includes cleaning, polishing, and etching (with an etchant to induce roughness to the surface) so that the veneer bonds to the tooth surface.
H. A light-activated cement is used to fix the veneer to the tooth and is fixed permanently.
I. A dental visit is advised for evaluating the gums and surrounding tissues after veneer placement.
Points to remember before getting porcelain veneer treatment:
- Veneers are pretty expensive as they are strong, stain-resistant, and provide the appearance of natural teeth.
- As porcelain veneers are quite a luxury treatment, we advise you to visit the best prosthodontist to get your customized treatment plan, which will be worth the cost you have paid.
- Veneers do not irritate the surrounding soft tissues and their color can be customized according to your requirements.
As the tooth is trimmed, dentin is exposed which can cause or increase sensitivity to hot and cold foods or fluids.
- And the treatment with veneers is permanent, once the veneer is fixed, it cannot be removed according to your wish. Also if the veneer is damaged (chipped) it cannot be repaired, so biting hard or clenching your teeth must be avoided.
- The malpositioned teeth, requiring braces or aligners for a year or two can be corrected using veneers. In case of emergency treatment, veneers are the best choice.