Teeth whitening is among the most popular cosmetic procedure and is gaining immense popularity. A perfect smile can be created by different teeth whitening procedures that are non-invasive. A pearly white smile can be achieved with the help of teeth whitening procedures. One such procedure namely laser teeth whitening has been gaining tremendous popularity that helps in removing stains and brightening the smile. In this process, a hydrogen-peroxide-based gel is applied to the teeth and cured with a special laser.
Pros of Laser Teeth Whitening
- The process is fast and results can be seen within hours of the procedure.
- The procedure is very precise and the dentist can focus on selected teeth if required.
- It is a non-invasive and painless process.
- Even the hard stains can be removed that other whitening procedures cannot remove.
- It is done by trained professionals and hence, the effect can last for a long.
Steps of Laser Teeth Whitening
- The dentist evaluates the oral cavity and checks for gum recession. It is vital to check for gum recession as it may cause a hindrance to the teeth cleaning treatment.
- If the patient is a pregnant woman or adolescent, then this process is not recommended.
- After initial screening, the dentist does the teeth cleaning and treats any cavity, if present.
- The dentist makes use of a rubber dam so as to protect the gums from getting exposed to the teeth whitening solution.
- A syringe is used to apply the whitening compound to the front of the teeth.
- The compound is activated with the help of a laser. This helps in transforming the gel into oxygen.
- The compound is left on the teeth for a few minutes.
- The compound is wiped off with the help of a small vacuum tool.
- This whole process can be repeated three times.
- The mouth of the patient is rinsed and the rubber dam is removed.
- The dentist in India advises staying away from stain-causing food items for a few days as the pores of enamel are susceptible to absorbing stains.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited as the discoloration can return very fast because of the nicotine present in it.
- The chance of staining can be reduced by the usage of a straw while consuming beverages.
- Regular brushing with whitening toothpaste helps in maintaining the whitening for a long time.
Laser teeth whitening is a very effective and quite expensive procedure. But, the results that are achieved overpower the cost. Laser dentistry is a quite safe procedure and is the future of dentistry.