There are several solutions available in dentistry that are found to be effective in enhancing the aesthetics and smile of an individual. If there is an issue with the shape or alignment of any tooth or an individual wishes to whiten the shade of the tooth, it can be easily done with the help of professionals. Both orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry are the most widely used procedures that help in enhancing the overall appearance of an individual. They not only take care of the aesthetics but also helps in maintaining the overall health of the teeth. But, before going ahead with the treatment, it is important to understand which treatment will be work best in the condition of the patient.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to a variety of dental procedures that helps in restoring a damaged tooth or replacing any missing tooth. It helps in making significant improvements in the appearance of an individual. The procedures of cosmetic dentistry are elective but have restorative benefits. The conditions like chipped, discolored, missing, crooked, or deformed teeth can be easily treated by a cosmetic dentist. The various procedures are teeth whitening, bonding, veneers, implants, crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
● It can help in the removal of stains and discoloration and can help in gaining a whiter and brighter smile with the help of teeth whitening.
● Veneers can help in treating crooked or cracked teeth and help in improving the smile.
● It enhances the overall appearance and helps in boosting confidence.
● It helps in improving the bite by restoring the missing teeth and helps in regaining the lost functions.
What is Orthodontics?
It is a field of dentistry that helps in the correction of misalignments of the teeth and jaw. The orthodontists in India offers a variety of treatment plan that helps in straightening of the teeth and fixing the issues that are related to the bite. There are various treatments available like fixed and removable plates, metal braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces, and clear aligners. The patient and dentist can discuss the different options and go-ahead with the treatment.
Benefits of Orthodontics
● It helps in correcting the alignment of the teeth and improve the aesthetics.
● It can help in treating problems like snoring or restriction in swallowing.
● Improper occlusion may affect speech and eating habits which can be easily corrected by orthodontic treatment.
It is very important to understand the difference between cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics and the various cases where it can be used. If there are irregularities, then orthodontics is the choice of treatment or for enhancing aesthetics, cosmetic dentistry is the answer.