Tooth sensitivity is an intensely unpleasant sensation which is sharp, with short-term duration after having sweet or cold, or hot edibles and during brushing or flossing. It might be a result of worn tooth enamel or exposed tooth roots or certain gum diseases with possible recession, improper oral hygiene, or poor nutrition. Regular visits to the best dentist in India can help to maintain good oral health and avoid potential damage to your teeth.
Severe tooth sensitivity caused by cavities or cracked teeth may require recommended professional care or treatment to address the issue. In some cases cold sensitivity goes off on its own, which might be ignored on a normal basis but maintaining a few tips may reduce the risks caused by normal wear and tear. We advise you to visit the best dental clinic in Delhi to rule out the major oral health issues causing teeth sensitivity which shouldn’t be neglected.
Most of the time, Tooth sensitivity can be fixed gradually by minimizing a few habits or things that have damaging effects on teeth and following a few tips to alleviate pain symptoms & checking the possible root causes of the symptoms.
Tips to beat tooth sensitivity include
(1) Use a non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush to reduce further damage to the tooth enamel or exposed dentin and reduce the irritation or inflammation of the gums. Use gentle strokes rather than vigorous scrubbing while brushing the teeth. Look for the ingredients such as potassium nitrate, and fluoride that soothe the pain and give some relief.
(2) Some vitamin deficiencies can lead to tooth sensitivity as vitamin B12, vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Calcium are essential in tooth mineralization and act as a shield on the gum tissue. As a result, teeth become prone to decay. Although consuming these nutrients may not undo the harm caused by the cavities, the intake of these nutrients still may improve oral health and get rid of a few symptoms and maintain strong bones and teeth.
(3) Avoid or limit eating or drinking acidic foods and beverages, high sugar carbs, which may remove little tooth enamel over time, the root cause of cavities. Rinse the mouth with water after ingesting any such acidic food to balance oral PH.
(4) Visit the best dental clinic in India to check on the gum tissue to rule out diseased or receding gums. Some dental varnishes and coatings can be applied to relieve sensitivity and strengthen the enamel and gum diseases that need to be treated by professionals.
(5) Natural healing by using some home remedies is always the best approach to prevent tooth sensitivity and are effective and beneficial; with the help of the ingredients easily accessible at home with no side effects. Remedies by using Cloves, turmeric, salt, coconut oil, onions, garlic, and green tea that have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidative properties are of great use to reduce sensitivity and pain relief.
FAQs about Teeth Sensitivity
1. Is tooth sensitivity serious?
Yes, the sensitivity of the teeth can be caused due to different reasons. If you experience heat sensitivity in a particular region, it indicates that the nerve ending of a tooth is getting inflamed or dying, which is serious.
2. How long does sensitivity last?
Sensitivity is caused due to exposed nerve endings which take time to heal and adapt. Generally, it takes a few days to weeks depending upon treatment modalities.
3. Is salt water gargling good for sensitivity?
Yes, a warm salt water gargle can comfort mild to moderate sensitivity. Not as effective as professional treatment methods, it is also proven to reduce mild inflammation and pain.