One of the biggest nightmares for any individual is losing a natural tooth. The gaps that are created cause hindrance in day to day functioning of an individual. There are many options available that help in replacing a missing natural tooth. Dental implant in India is one such option that has brought a revolutionary change in the world of dentistry. It is a highly recommended procedure by the dentist and has become the most popular choice for patients.
Dental Implants in India are metal posts that are positioned surgically in the bone in order to replace a missing tooth or teeth. The metal posts that are inserted act as the root of the artificial tooth. It is a permanent alternative to bridges and dentures and gives long-lasting results. Single tooth implant or full mouth implants have numerous benefits that make them the ideal restoration.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants help in improving the overall appearance of an individual by replacing the missing natural tooth.
- There is no worry of slippage the artificial teeth while talking, smiling, or eating.
- They acts as natural teeth and hence, allow eating without any discomfort and pain.
- They are very durable and last many years.
- As they are fixed, it becomes extremely convenient and saves the patient from the embarrassment of slippage or removal of dentures.
- Traditional dentures cause bone loss which is not the case with dental implants.
- Brushing can be done just like natural teeth and hence, it is easier to maintain oral hygiene.
Procedure to Place an Implant
- For placing an implant, it is very important that adequate strong bone is present at the site where the implant has to be placed.
- If there is inadequate bone, then the bone grafting procedure is performed which requires about six months for healing.
- Once the bone is adequate, the titanium post (dental implant) is placed in the bone with the help of special drills and tools.
- A healing cap is given over the implant and the gum is stitched.
- The implant is left for about 3-6 months for it to integrate with the adjoining bone. This process is called osseointegration.
- Once the healing is done, an abutment is attached to the implant with the help of a screw and a customized crown is placed above it.
Dental implants in India are gaining immense popularity due to their ability to function just like a natural tooth. Initially, it was considered a costly treatment but over the period of time, the procedure has become quite affordable as it gives a permanent solution to replace a missing natural tooth.